Available for Purchase or Register: 2 Feb 2021 (Tue) onwards
In addition to in-venue performances, a notable innovation of the 49th HKAF is online live shows. In The Plague (English) and Scott Silven’s The Journey, artists from across the world use our online performance platform to connect with audiences in a live setting. You can also enjoy a number of free performances from world-class troupes, such as the National Theatre Brno from the Czech Republic, the Wiener Symphoniker and Matthew Bourne’s New Adventures, through our online video platform.
- Enter your email address for online registration by clicking "Register Now" in the programme page.
- You will receive a confirmation email once your registration is successful.
- Please log in to the HKAF website or the online performance platform and enter your registered email to watch the performance.
How do I register for free online performances?
- Enter your email address for online registration by clicking “Register Now” on the programme page
- You will receive a confirmation email once your registration is successful
- Please log in to the HKAF website or the online performance platform and enter your registered email to watch the performance
How do I know if my browser, device, network or location is suitable for viewing the performance?
Before registering or purchasing your online ticket, we recommend you try the following testing link to see if you can access the performance with your computer, tablet or mobile phone.
Some performances are available in Hong Kong only. Please refer to the individual programme webpages.
Due to licensing restrictions, our performances may not be viewable in mainland China and other territories.
When will I receive the actual link to the performance?
You will receive the link by email at least 48 hours before the performance begins. If you do not receive the link, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
Can I record or download the show?
No. All performances are copyrighted, and recording or downloading of any sort is prohibited.
Can I watch the performance on my TV?
When an option of casting is available in your video player, it is possible to cast a performance to your TV via Chromecast or Apple TV. Casting to TVs is, however, subject to the restrictions of your device and/or operating system. We may also limit the capability of casting due to production requirements.
Can I share my link with anyone else?
Only one device can access a performance for each ticket or registration.
I can’t see the performance or it is not running smoothly. What should I do?
There are several quick fixes you can try:
- If you are using a mobile device, refresh your page. If you are using a desktop or laptop computer, clear the cache on your browser (Windows: Ctrl + F5 / Mac: Command + Shift + R)
- Turn off other applications active on your device. Use an alternate browser (Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox) and check to see if the problem continues
- Use another device if applicable
- We do not recommend trying to access the links in a connected/smart TV browser
Do your productions have subtitles?
There are subtitles for some performances. When you have started playing a performance, press or click the “CC” button on the bottom of the video player to show the subtitles. You may also choose the language of the subtitles, subject to availability.
What browsers do I need?
Videos can be watched on Google Chrome, Safari or Firefox. For optimum viewing, we recommend updating your browser to the latest version.
How can I contact you if I have urgent technical difficulties?
If you cannot find the solution above, you can contact us by Facebook private message (fb.com/HKArtsFestival).
Is your site secure?
Data transferred from this website, from the video provider and other sources is transmitted via encrypted protocols.
- Visit HKAF website The Plague (English Version), click "Book Now", or go to HermesLive website here.
- Provide your email address, and check your email for a verification code.
- Provide your payment details for ticket purchase.
Can I order by phone, mail or email?
Tickets can only be purchased online. There is no phone booking or postal booking.
What payment method can I use for purchasing tickets?
We accept the following payment methods: Credit card (Mastercard, VISA, American Express and JCB) and PayPal.
I haven’t received any confirmation email after my order. What should I do?
Please check your spam folder for emails from email@example.com. If you still cannot find the confirmation email, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your order information, including your name, email address and the name of the programme purchased.
If the quality of the video does not meet my expectations, can I get a refund?
All tickets, once purchased, cannot be refunded.
- Visit HKAF website Scott Silven's The Journey programme page, click "Book Now", or go to Ticketflap website here.
- Register an account at Ticketflap, or login Ticketflap with an existing account.
- Provide your details for ticket purchase. Please note that we need to collect your personal information due to the requirement of the performance. Please read the Terms and Conditions before confirm your purchase.
- Provide payment information.
The Festival also features over 30 PLUS programmes, which include chats with artists, pre-performance talks, exhibitions and film screenings. These programmes will be available, on an unlimited basis, on the Festival website and Facebook page before the related main programmes are staged. No matter what your background and interest, you can enjoy the performances to their fullest and get a deeper understanding of the work and artists.
Select your PLUS programme to watch on the Festival website. Register your email to watch programmes for an unlimited time after their first performances.
For more information on online performances, please visit individual performance webpages.
For ticketed performance, please read our Conditions of Sale before placing your order.